INTRODUCING THE FELLOWS INITIATIVE
Transforming neighborhood high schools in the inner-city into well-functioning pipelines to post-secondary education will not occur overnight. It will require the brightest, most ambitious minds of this generation. That is why it is our humble privilege to introduce the 12+ Fellow Initiative, a 1-year engagement that opens a channel for recent graduates to transform the culture of inner-city high schools. You will be on the frontline of our mission in empowering our students to dream bigger than they ever have before.
Future education pioneers, foreign service officers, nonprofit leaders, and doctors. They are encouragers, inspirers, and supporters. They come from different backgrounds but are united by their common pursuit of inner-city empowerment. We invite you to join 12+, join the Fellows Initiative, join the movement.
"My experience at 12+ has helped me grow as a person and educator. I will never forget the kids that I have had the pleasure of working with."
Charlie, 2013-14 Fellow
"My favorite parts of being a fellow are building relationships with students and guiding them toward life after high school."
Jaimin, 2013-14 Fellow
THE FELLOW EXPERIENCE
With guided oversight from 12+ headquarters, Fellows will be commissioned to create a college-going culture within our PLUS Center, where they will be staffed full-time and focus on programming, teaching, and empowering students to go beyond the 12th grade.
We challenge you to expect more from the city, our students, and yourselves. We challenge you to join us in showing others that a small group of dedicated individuals can truly change the world.
For a complete description of the FELLOWS INITIATIVE, please download our FELLOWS PACKET
- Submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com under the subject heading “12+ Fellowship Application_Your Name”
- Fill out our Fellows Application below
- All application materials due AUGUST 8, 2014
- Applications due AUGUST 8, 2014
- Interviews will be conducted in-person or video conferencing by mid August
- Finalists will be invited for a site visit and in-person interview during mid August
- Final decisions will be made by early August 22nd or shortly thereafter
- Applicants must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Applicants must have a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
- Fellows will be paid a stipend of $1500/month
- Housing options may be available on a first-come / first-served basis
- For further details, please download our FELLOWS PACKET
**UPDATE** Applications for the 2014-2015 cycle are now closed. Please check back in January 2015 to apply for the Fellows Initiative (2015-2016)!