INTRODUCING THE 2017-2018 FELLOWS INITIATIVE
At 12+, we believe in every student's potential for success. We believe in the power of people to inspire and motivate each other. This is why we take pride in our team, who is available to all students in our partner schools throughout each and every school day. They greet each student on the first day of school and cheer them on through graduation. They are mentors, tutors, advocates, and trusted friends. These are the 12+ Fellows.
It is our humble privilege to invite you to the 12+ Fellows Initiative, a one-year engagement that opens a channel for recent college graduates to transform the culture of Philadelphia's high schools. You will be on the frontline of our mission, empowering students to dream bigger and equipping them to accomplish their postsecondary goals.
Future education pioneers, social entrepreneurs, nonprofit leaders, and healthcare professionals. They are encouragers, motivators, mentors, and supporters. They come from diverse backgrounds but are united by their common pursuit of justice through education and youth empowerment. We invite you to join 12+, join the Fellows Initiative, join the movement.
"The bread and butter [of being a Fellow] is that we take the time to get to know the students as individuals."
Shaunie, 2015-16 Fellow
"Seeing students follow up on goals, challenge themselves, and keep building on what they've done the day before–that takes a level of self-confidence, a combination of dedication, commitment, and perseverance."
Frank, 2015-16 Fellow
THE FELLOWS EXPERIENCE
With guided oversight from 12+ headquarters, Fellows are commissioned to create a college-going culture within our PLUS Center. Fellows are staffed full-time for ten months to create one-on-one relationships with students of all grade levels and to mentor, inspire, and empower students to go beyond the 12th grade.
We challenge you to expect more from the city, each student, and yourself. We challenge you to be the change. Join us in showing others that a small group of dedicated individuals can truly change the world.
For a complete description of the FELLOWS INITIATIVE, please download the FELLOWS PACKET.
Check out the BLOG for reflections from our Fellows.
"Aside from the workshops and mentorships, [we show students] that there's someone who is here, listening to you, and won't let you quit."
Aelita, 2014-15 Fellow
- Submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter to email@example.com under the subject heading “12+ Fellowship Application_[Your Name]”
- Complete the Fellows Application Form below
- Ideal candidates resonate with the mission of 12+ and have a heart for empowering students and urban communities, patience and persistence, willingness to learn and develop skills, and volunteer or leadership experience
- Applicants must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Applicants must have a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university by the start of the Fellows year
- Applications for the 2017-2018 Fellows Initiative are OPEN NOW!
- Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until positions are filled
- Interviews will be conducted via video conferencing
- Finalists will be invited for a final round interview and site visit.
- Fellows will receive a living stipend of $1500/month
- For further details, please download the FELLOWS PACKET
- Questions? Please contact Raymond at firstname.lastname@example.org